Monday, June 28, 2010

Harvest

While Brian has been harvesting wheat...





I've been harvesting the garden!










I love going out to the garden to see how much veggies I will bring in for the day. Our onions have already been picked, it's too hot for the spinach so that is done. I still have cucumbers, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapenoes and tomatoes! The tomatoes are in their prime so I am having to can alot to keep up with them.

The wheat harvest is going good. Once they had both combines going for an extended period of time it's amazing what got done! The weather has cooperated for the most part, but yesterday and today the rain delayed them. They have cut almost 1100 out of 1200 acres- in the home stretch now!

I'm ready for Brian to come back- seems like everything goes wrong/happens when I am by myself. So far I have killed 2 black widows, 3 scorpions,and 2 mice. I wont even begin to count the stupid grasshoppers! only a couple more days til he is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment